1. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted an order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that permits you to get free freight. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. Learn more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option as long as the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through another store.
5. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.