1. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description so that you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
4. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general idea of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.