1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted your order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general concept of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
4. Be extra careful when you search for shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can be easily impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your information about the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the main site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
5. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free freight. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.