1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
2. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a restriction and follow it.