1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
2. If you like an online store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. Call the web company before you make a purchase. If you have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want in order to know that you can reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your charge card information. If you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
5. While shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.