1. Call the web company before making a purchase. For those who have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want in order to know that you could reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your bank card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
2. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
4. When you shop online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" inside the URL in the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people together with your account information.