1. While shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money inside your bank account. In case a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a point of hours.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Look for "https://" inside the URL from the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
5. While shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.