1. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider applying for a separate credit card to use just for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this provides you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a large swerve.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
4. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to sign up for their email updates which normally have promotions and sales. This can result in savings for you as you may get yourself a discount around the item or perhaps free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
5. Before making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it will cost for that shipping on your items and when there are free shipping options open to you.