1. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
2. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to enroll in their email updates which often have promotions and sales. This can result in savings for you as you may get a discount on the item or even free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
4. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.