1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money as you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
3. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller for the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. Typically this will provide you with an approximate idea of which kind of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a wide swerve.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.