1. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. When you shop online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. Always look for discount codes when shopping on the web. Many internet retailers give out reductions for various things and you can see them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name of the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This is a great way to cut costs when you shop online.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.