1. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
4. If you find a fantastic product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
5. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.