1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
3. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
4. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, so the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.
5. Before you make a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for the shipping on the items and when there are free freight options open to you.