1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. Discover more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only if the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is recommended to go through a different store.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
4. Know about the dangers of shopping online along with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much better to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for the safest conditions.
5. When shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.