1. Online shopping is a great way to save money as you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save even more money.
2. If you are going to become doing some shopping on the web, make sure you understand the liability for each credit card you utilize online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention integrated while others offer it to get a minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on the card in the event the number is stolen.
3. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Look for "https://" in the URL of the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. To protect yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.