1. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember whether or not you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation as being a seller.
2. If you find a fantastic product on your favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
3. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and follow it.
4. If you like an internet store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
5. If you are going to get doing some shopping on the web, make sure you understand the liability for each credit card you make use of online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on the card if the number is stolen.