1. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
2. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
4. Speak to your friends with regards to their favorite web stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you understand to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This can help you save a lot of time and energy.
5. Before buying from a new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.