1. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. If you find a fantastic product on your favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
3. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
4. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money using a company that fails to offer.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.