1. When you shop online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
2. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this provides you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a wide swerve.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
4. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.