1. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
2. When shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
4. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they might have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
5. Be wary of any emails you obtain, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a web site other than the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter the web site you would like to go to. It is much safer that way.