1. Spend some time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you ought to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.
2. Before buying from the new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
5. To protect yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.