1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent internet shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a whole new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. If you are going to be doing some shopping on the web, make sure you understand the liability for each and every credit card you make use of online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention integrated while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on your card if the number is stolen.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.