1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. When shopping online, it is essential that you spend a little time looking into the site that you will be considering buying from. You can find information about the site from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them could lead to you obtaining the products you probably did not order or getting billed a lot more than you should have.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted an order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. Discover the online store's return policy. Should you be considering creating a purchase on an item that you might want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.