1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
2. Whenever you enjoy the ease of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a new password to your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. In case a company has a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter if you really like their products and services and would use a promotion code.
4. Do more research on the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with the excellent reputation.
5. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to some price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.