1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
2. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
3. Before making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best offer possible. Also look into what it will cost for the shipping on your own items and in case there are free shipping options available to you.
4. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and discover if they are accessible to be shipped to you.
5. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.