1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
2. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to see if other customers had a good knowledge about them. Additionally it is a good idea to talk with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to make certain that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
5. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your money with a company that fails to offer.