1. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Discover more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only when the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is advisable to go through another store.
3. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the case, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.
4. Before you start your internet shopping, ensure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Internet shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best which you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel these are.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.