1. If you're worried about whether a shopping website is legitimate or not, do some research about it. The internet could be a great way to find out about other people's experiences with assorted sites. If the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the customer service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
4. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the truth, choose the one which will save you as much as possible.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.