1. Talk to your friends about their favorite web stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you understand to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This will save you a lot of time and energy.
2. Learn more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option as long as the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through a different store.
3. If you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can present you with a lot of peace of mind.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that includes a better reputation.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.