1. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
3. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free freight. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. If you are making a purchase online, make certain you use a credit card to pay for the transaction. Bank card users are protected against fraud by federal law and are only responsible for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far as to wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.
5. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, therefore the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.