1. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've had a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as being a seller.
2. If you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer support representative to repair any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can give you a lot of satisfaction.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product can give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the caliber of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
4. When you find yourself making a purchase online, make sure that you use a credit card to pay for the transaction. Charge card users are protected against fraud by federal law and are only accountable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far concerning wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.
5. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.