1. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
2. If you find a great product on your favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
3. Learn more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only when the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is advisable to go through an alternative store.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy could have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, ensure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You could even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.