1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
2. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
3. If you like a web-based store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
4. Before you start your online shopping, make sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Online shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel these are.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.