1. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your money.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
4. Be careful where you submit your charge card information. If you are shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
5. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.