1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that as being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.
4. When shopping online, be certain the site you are on begins with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. When a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
5. Look for online coupons when shopping on the Internet. Many online retailers give out discounts for various things and you can see them by doing a simple search. Just enter in the name from the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This can be a great way to save money when you shop online.