1. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, make sure you check the store reviews to see if other customers experienced a good knowledge of them. It is also a good idea to talk with the Better Business Bureau too. You want to make certain that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
2. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general notion of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or not, do some research about this. The internet can be a great way to discover other people's experiences with different sites. If the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Before buying from the new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.