1. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's visiting you fairly!
2. Learn the online store's return policy. If you are considering building a purchase on an item that you might want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you may not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
4. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.