1. Turn it into a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the standard of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
5. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they might have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.