1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.
3. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which normally have special offers and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may obtain a discount on the item or even free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.