1. If you're concerned with whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research regarding it. The internet could be a great way to discover other people's experiences with various sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can permit you to test out the customer service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
3. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that permits you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.