1. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller for the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will give you an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a wide swerve.
2. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, so the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.
3. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your cash.