1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Although it might appear tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly so that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.
4. Be sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and also you must protect your information at all cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
5. Always remember your finances and credit limits when shopping online. The virtual realm of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.