1. In case you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer support representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
2. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
3. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Look for "https://" inside the URL in the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people with your account information.
4. Before you make a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it really will cost for that shipping on the items and in case there are free delivery options available to you.
5. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's coming to you fairly!