1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
2. Always look for coupon codes when shopping on the Internet. Many online retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can locate them by performing a simple search. Just type in the name of the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This really is a great way to cut costs when you shop online.
3. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
4. When shopping for a specific item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with a little searching, it can save you as much as 25 percent. Look at many different websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.