1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Search for "https://" in the URL from the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
3. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and stay with it.
5. Shop around while shopping online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal you can.