1. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
2. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, and so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
4. When you shop online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to find the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
5. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to produce a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to check this out password, they might have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.