1. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL from the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people with your account information.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
3. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to explain the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their handling and shipping fees are. Use this all information to decide if these costs and options fit well to suit your needs, your budget, as well as your area before you place an order.
4. A fantastic tip to remember when you're thinking about online shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.