1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, therefore the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
3. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider obtaining a separate credit card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. Shopping online is a terrific way to save money because you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save even more money.