1. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. When you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
3. While shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.
5. If you're concerned about whether a shopping website is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about this. The internet may be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with assorted sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the customer service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.