1. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your money using a company that fails to deliver.
2. While shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
3. Before you make a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for your shipping on your items and if there are free shipping options available to you.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
5. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.